Combined Talents is an annual, juried competition organized by the Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts and juried by a prominent curator or artist. The competition is open to artists 18 years of age or over residing in the United States, and all media are eligible for consideration. There is a First Prize Award of $1,000, a Second Prize Award of $500, and a digital catalog is produced.
Please download the prospectus here:
The juror for Combined Talents 2019 is Hallie Ringle, the Hugh Kaul Curator of Contemporary Art at the Birmingham Museum ofArt (BMA). Prior to her arrival at the BMA in 2018, Hallie Ringle was Assistant Curator at the Studio Museum in Harlem, where she directed the museum’s artist-in-residence program and led several curatorial projects, including the final installment of the “F-Shows” and the 2017 exhibition “Fictions”. Hallie Ringle currently oversees the BMA’s significant collection of work made after 1970, leads the Collector’s Circle, and guides the contemporary acquisitions process.
Exhibition: August 16 through September 29, 2019
• Deadline to enter: May 17, 2019
• Artist notification (accepted or declined): June 24, 2019
• If accepted, artist information for digital publication due: July 15, 2019
• If accepted, artwork to arrive at MoFA (unless otherwise arranged): July 22 to August 2, 2019
• Exhibition opens to the public: August 16, 2019
• Reception: August 30, 2019, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
• Juror Lecture: September 12, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
• Exhibition closes: September 29, 2019
• Artwork pickup and return: September 30 to October 11, 2019
Click HERE for information on current and past Tallahassee International exhibitions.