Florida Statute 255.043
Florida Statute 255.043 (Chapter 95-235, Laws of Florida)
255.43 Art in State Buildings.
- Each appropriation for the original construction of a state building which provides public access shall include an amount of up to 0.5 percent of the total appropriation for the construction of the building, not to exceed $100,000, to be used for the acquisition of works of art produced by, but not limited to, Florida artists or craftspersons. Those works of art acquired shall be displayed for viewing in public areas in the interior or on the grounds or the exterior of the building and not in private offices or areas with limited public access.
- The Department of Management Services, the Board of Regents, or other state agencies receiving appropriations for original constructions shall notify the Florida Arts council and the user agency of any construction project which is eligible under the provisions of this section. The Department of Management Services, the Board of Regents, or other state agency shall determine the amount to be made available for purchase or commission of works of art for each project and shall report these amounts to the Florida Arts Council and the user agency. Payments therefore shall be made from funds appropriated for fixed capital outlay according to law.
- The selection of artists or craftspersons shall be the responsibility of the user agency. The final approval of any recommendation for the purchase of or commissioning of works of art shall be consistent with the art selection process pursuant to the rule promulgated by the Department of State. The approval of any invoice for the payment for any purchase of or commissioning of works of art shall be the responsibility of the user agency.
- This section shall not apply to any funds for the construction of public buildings if the funds were appropriated prior to July 1, 1979.
- The Department of State shall be authorized to promulgate rules to implement this section.
History. —s. 1, ch. 79-188; s. 125, ch. 90-224; s. 13, ch. 90-267; s. 5, ch. 91-429; s. 175, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 95-148; s. 2, ch. 95-235.